Subject Foreign language
The theme of the lesson: My future profession
• to participate in common conversational exchange about choosing a profession;
• to develop the students’ writing, reading, listening and speaking abilities;
• to teach the students to respect and to value their future profession.
Lesson’s type: revision lesson
Teaching techniques: writing, reading, speaking, listening, matching, predicting, Q-A work, pair work
Intersubject connection: Practical speech, practical grammar, practical phonetics, psychology
Materials used : New Cutting Edge Students’ Book, grammar table, interactive board, CD-Rom
Procedure of the lesson:
|Stages||Lesson Phase||Teacher & student interaction||Time|
T: Listen to me and then you will define the theme of our lesson.
“Choose a job you like and you will never have to work a day in your life”
To present the proverbs and sayings about the profession of a teacher in three languages.
T –S1 S2…
|2.|| Checking up the home task
Exercise 263. Open the brackets using the verbs in Future Simple or Future-in-the-Past Simple.
1. I know we (not to be) late.
2. I knew we (not to be) late.
3. I want to know whether he (to be) at home.
4. I wanted to know whether he (to be) at home.
5. «When you (to be) ready?» he asked.
6. He asked when I (to be) ready.
7. I can’t say whether Bob (to do) the work perfectly, but he (to do) his best.
8. He asked me whether he (to see) Olga there.
9. Are you sure that we (to have) time to do that?
10. I was afraid he (to say), «I don’t think I (to be)
|3.||Introduction of the lesson’s objectives
T: Today we are going to speak about your plans for future and your future professions, revise grammar material, do different exercises, work with topical vocabulary, talk about the difference between job, career and profession and give the description of a modern teacher.
|4.||Control of knowledge
2.Work with useful vocabulary
Look at the board. You can see some new words about professions.
3.Look at the pictures and call the names.
4.Writing the names of the professions.
5. Reading the words and their definitions. It’s important to know how to use the word “job” , “Profession” , “career”.
A job is the work that a person does regularly in order to earn money.
A career is the series of jobs that a person does in his/her life.
A profession is a job that requires special training and brings a rather high social status.
6.Now , let’s see how you understood the difference between the words. Fill in this information about career education with job, profession, or career.
a)A______________teacher helps teenagers discover their interests and make the first steps to future________________
d) A special booklet provides some tips for finding- the right__________________It gives information about nearly 250________________
e) In their last three years at school, teenagers receive____________advice. There are a lot of_______________to choose from.
7.Doing grammar tasks.
a)With jobs we use the articles aan.
An+ vowel (a, e, i, o, u)
He is an engineer.
She is an actress
A+ other letters
I’m a waiter
He’s a police officer.
b) Putting the jobs in the correct group
Nurse Actor Lawyer Actress
Police officer Footballer Singer Businesswoman Teacher
8.Matching the names of the professions with their definitions:
• a person who directs or manages an organization, industry, shop,
• a person who drives a railway locomotive; train driver
• a person who acts in a play, film, broadcast, etc
• a person qualified to design buildings and to superintend their erection
• a person whose occupation is journalism
• a person who plays or composes music, esp. as a profession
• a person whose work is to translate from one language to another in the oral form
• a person who is qualified to operate an aircraft or spacecraft in flight
• a person who carries and delivers mail as a profession
9.Describing a teacher
10. Explaining the role of professions and predicting their significance in the development of our country.
Our college prepares modern specialists in different spheres, what are they?
Preschool education and training
Physical training and sports
The fine arts and plotting
The basic secondary education
Catering hotel industry
The students assess themselves with this card:
1. To learn all the new words.
2. To write an essay:
“Is it difficult to be a teacher?”